Seafood in the UK is quite pricey, so actually finding good quality seafood is a catch. I tend never to buy it in supermarkets as I can never see how good the quality is. But, Marks & Spencer here in the UK somehow lives up to its expectations. I was able to find scallops for a bargain. Not too bad considering how difficult it is to find good seafood here in London supermarkets.
I like my seafood simple and this recipe is just that.
1 packet of fresh scallops (20 pcs or about 800grams)
A dash of sesame oil
a tsp of freshly ground black pepper
a tsp of chilli flakes
A dash of soy sauce
1 whole red pepper - deseeded and julienned
1 whole yellow onion - sliced into rings
Salt and pepper to taste
additional sesame oil
- Firstly marinade your scallops and set aside.
- Next heat up your pan with some vegetable oil and a little bit of salt. Then add in the yellow onions and stir fry til fragrant and fully sweated.
- Add in the scallops and quickly fry not letting the scallops stick to the pan. Allow to fry for about 2 minutes.
- Next add in the red pepper and stir fry til slightly soft. Add a dash of pepper and salt to taste before finally adding in some sesame oil.
- Dish out quickly and serve piping hot with white rice and a vegetable accompaniment.
This dish literally took less than 30 minutes. If you don't like scallops, replace it with fish cut into bite sized pieces or prawns. Not a seafood fan? Then chicken can also be used.
Looking for crabs now,
The Innovative Baker