Born from a thought while riding on the bus, I figured lets make some wantons. And since I had guests coming over over the weekend, what a great way to jazz up the wantons by adding feta cheese instead. So here's the recipe!
1/2 block of a 200g feta cheese - diced finely
1 chicken breast - halfed length ways then diced finely
a handful of coriander - finely chopped
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp sesame oil
A dash of salt
A good dash of freshly ground black pepper
- Firstly combine diced ingredients into a bowl and add the chopped coriander before combining it with the oils, salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly.
- Next, take wanton skin and using a teaspoon, take enough to fill the middle portion of the skin. Then apply some water on the edges and fold over before gathering them into the centre of the wanton.
- The recipe would make around 14 to 15 pieces even up to 20 if you're making smaller portions of the wantons.
- Heat up a sizeable pan high enough for you add a good portion of oil for deep frying. Make sure to heat the oil up til its hot before plonking the wantons in for deep frying.
- When oil is ready, then add wantons with enough space for you to turn them over to ensure overall cooking.
- Dish them out on a plate covered with paper napkins.
- Serve hot with some sweet chilli sauce on the side.
Voilà! Yummy to the core and it is basically using what you have in the fridge.
Soon to be featured: curried pork and potato parcels
The Innovative Baker