I first made guacamole a little over two years ago when I was having a dinner party. I wasn't entirely sure what went into it but decided to experiment. This time, I made it with a slight twist of red chillies and it turned out pretty good. The photo of course doesn't say much but the taste was fantastic and fresh!
2 ripe avocados
1 to 2 red chillies - depending on how spicy you want it to be.
1 red onion
a handful of mint leaves
a handful of coriander leaves
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sugar
- Firstly, finely dice red onions and finely chop the mint leaves and coriander leaves and place into a mixing bowl. Next deseed the red chillies and finely dice them before adding it to the mixing bowl.
- Next cut through the avocados by running the knife down the middle and circle it along the seed. Twist the avocado and it'll separate. Use a spoon to remove the seed and then proceed to scrape the avocado flesh off the skin into the bowl straight. Continue doing the same with the second avocado.
- Next add the juice of 1 lime, the salt and sugar. Using a fork, mash the contents together.
- Taste to see if it needs additional seasoning and you're good to go.
- Serve it up with anything really from tortilla chips to even pappadoms.
Savoury cheese spread coming up!
The Innovative Baker